HOW MUCH ARE MY COPYWRITING FEES?
This is probably the most frequently asked question that a copywriter gets asked, along with:
🔥 What does a copywriter do?
🔥 Can a copywriter help my business?
🔥 What is the difference between a copywriter and a content writer?
🔥 How much does a copywriter cost?
So, in the interests of transparency, let me answer those questions for you now, but if you have any more, then just drop me a line.
Let’s get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a copywriter?
A copywriter is a professional writer who writes concise, clear text.
- What does a copywriter do?
The type of copy and content that a copywriter produces is designed to be informative and persuasive, and it’s often entertaining! Basically, their words sell your products and services to your target audience.
- Why do I need a copywriter?
A good copywriter can take your written copy and content (and your business) to the next level. They can help you define your service offerings and brand message with a content strategy to get the most out of your business. They can create a narrative and tone of voice that people resonate with, which will ensure your website copy converts browsers into customers!
- What is the difference between a copywriter and a content writer?
Copywriters are responsible for creating convincing, sales-driven text, like slogans, emails, website copy, PPC marketing, and advertising campaigns. The type of writing they do is meant to convince people to buy your product or service.
Content writers, on the other hand, create a different kind of valuable text – long-form content that’s engaging and entertaining. This covers things like blogs, articles, whitepapers, and eBooks.
- Can a copywriter do copy and content writing?
It depends. While copywriters can adapt their style to suit the project, some writers prefer to only specialise in one or the other. I offer both!
- Are all copywriters the same?
No! Copywriters are completely unique in their experience and knowledge and are skilled in many different ways. Some prefer to niche down and only write about certain sectors, such as healthcare, travel, technology, entertainment, or food and drink. Others, like myself, prefer to use a certain tone of voice, while other copy and content writers work best doing one aspect of writing, such as email campaigns or script writing.
When you choose a copywriter to work with, make sure that they specialise in the type of copy and content that you need.
- Why would I hire a copywriter?
There are many different reasons why you might hire a copywriter, but here are some of the more familiar ones:
- You’ve never used a freelance copywriter before and want to see how it could work for you.
- You have an upcoming short-term project and this is the ideal solution for it.
- You want to experiment with a more relaxed tone of voice to see what it could do for your brand.
- Your current writing team doesn’t have the capacity to take on any more work.
- You want to have a consistent tone of voice in your branding.
- You recognise the importance of strong copywriting in order for your marketing to be successful.
- You specialise in a different form of writing but need help with the stuff you’re not so good at.
- You can write well, but you just can’t be bothered to write for yourself!
- You’ve had a bad experience with another copywriter.
- CHATGPT is doing your brand more harm than good!
- You hate writing!
- You don’t have the time to write
- You don’t know what to write
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, I can help, so get in touch!
- Why is it important to have a blog on my website?
Blogs are great! You can use them to promote a new product or service, build your brand, entertain people, and drive extra traffic to your website. They can also be informative, and you can use blogs to position yourself as an authority in your sector or industry. Let me know if you’d like me to write your blogs for you!
- Are blogs important for SEO?
What happens when you use a search engine to find out the answer to a question? 9 times out of 10, it redirects you to a blog, doesn’t it? That’s why it’s important to have blogs with SEO on your site; they drive extra traffic (and potential customers) to your website. Get in touch if you’d like me to write your SEO blogs for you.
- Can’t I just use ChatGPT instead of a copywriter?
ChatGPT and other forms of AI definitely have their place, but if you’re expecting them to be a viable replacement for a seasoned copy and content writer, then you’ll be badly let down. Read my blog about it here.
Also, search engines can recognise AI-generated content a mile away, and they’ll penalise your website for including it, so do yourself a favour and hire a human writer to get the best results!
- What experience do you have?
I’ve been a professional writer for over six years in various different guises. To learn more about me, including my experience and my quirks, interests, and hobbies, head over to my About section.
- What copywriting services do you offer?
I specialise in blog writing, articles and interviews, LinkedIn profile optimisation, LinkedIn ghostwriting, and website landing page copy. However, I’ve also worked on things like video scripts, press releases, case studies, brochures, and email marketing campaigns. To see examples of projects I’ve worked on, go to my portfolio page or get in touch if you have any questions about another exciting venture we could work on.
- How much do freelance copywriters charge?
Each freelancer will charge according to their skills, knowledge, and experience. To get an idea of what I charge, take a look at my pricing page.
- Do you charge by the hour?
No, I charge by the project. Why? Every project is unique, so it’s impossible to give a ‘catch-all’ price. I’ll give you a fully customised quote that will be inclusive of everything that I need to complete the project.
- Will I have to put a deposit down?
If we haven’t worked together before, then I usually ask for a 50% deposit before I begin work. The balance will be due once the project is complete.
- Why are freelance copywriters more expensive?
Copywriters base their fees on the amount of experience they have. Freelancers tend to have a traceable history of successful projects and proven skills, which is why they can charge more. When it comes to copy and content, I’ll say this; you definitely get what you pay for!
- Do you write free samples?
No, sorry! If you’re uncertain about whether I’m the right man for the job, give me something small to start with – a one-and-done project or a short blog – that way, we can see how well we work together with the smallest amount of risk possible. Take a look at my portfolio to see if you think I’m the right match for you.
- Are you insured?
Yes! I’m insured with Hiscox via PolicyBee.
- Do you offer discounts for bulk or retained copywriting work?
Yes! Ask me about it when we have our 1:1!